COVID-19 Service and Response Plan
Mission Health + Home has activated a plan to maintain our product service and delivery model as well as our 24/7 on call support during the current pandemic.
We are actively working alongside our Long Term Care and Hospice Care partners to follow the CDC’s Guidance for Infection Prevention and Control in their specific care environments.
We are fully committed the health and safety of our staff, our clients, and our community. Please contact us directly with any further questions or for more information.
Covid 19 Daily Self Health Screening
Additionally, all Mission Health + Home staff will perform and log a daily health screening following guidance from the NYS DOH. This daily check in will answer each of the following questions
Do you currently have a fever of 100.4 degrees F or greater?
Do you have a cough or shortness of breath that began within the past 14 days?
In the past 14 days, have you gotten a positive result from a COVID-19 test that tested saliva or used a nose or throat swab? (not a blood test)
In the past 14 days, have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) with anyone who either tested positive for COVID-19 (not a blood test) or developed symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath)?
Are you actively taking precautions including wearing appropriate PPE, maintaining physical distance of 6ft whenever possible, and consistently following the CDC guidelines for hand washing?
In order to meet or exceed the quality and safety standards required during the Coronavirus outbreak and beyond, we are fully committed to the following:
1. Every Product Every Time: We enforce a zero tolerance policy for patient to patient transfer or cross use of any products including beds, mattresses, and advanced wound care modalities without being cleaned. Our team will provide full cleaning and sanitization services for any and all products in your facility or in use by your patients. NEVER move a product from one patient to another without notifying your Mission Health representative and having it move through the established cleaning protocols.
2. Quality Control: Our current cleaning and disinfecting practices and solutions meet the CDC best practice and quality control recommendations for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses. Additionally, vehicle spaces and surfaces that may come in contact with delivery team members or products are also actively cleaned.
3. Sealed Surfaces: All product surfaces having direct patient contact will be delivered to healthcare facilities or home care environments with a sealed surface to mitigate risk of infection and prevent unwanted cross contamination.
4. High Flex Service Model: We commit to working within the individualized care protocols for each facility and are happy to flex our service model to meet the specific needs of your patients. Please confirm any changes or alternations to your delivery, pick-up, and education needs and we will adjust as necessary.
5. Continuing Education: The Mission Health + Home team will continue to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on our existing service model, follow the guidance of the CDC and NYS DOH, and provide ongoing updates as we develop new plans to best meet the needs of those we serve.